Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola a todos! Hey everyone! How are you all doing? As you know I was transfer this week. I was sad to leave San Sebastian but I am so excited for what the Lord has in store. I am now serving in Girona. It is a little city north of Barcelona. There is a branch here that needs our helping making a ward. There are four Elders here but we will be opening the area for Hermanas. And we are so excited and ready to get to work! My companion is Hermana Jarman. She is from Mesa, Arizona and so so nice and cute. I already feel like I have know her for years. She just finished her training with my mtc companion Hermana Hopkins. 
Things have been a little crazy just trying to get everything for our piso and trying to find our way around this place since we are both new. But it will be an adventure and I am grateful to be here. I know that the Lord would not send us here if there were not people prepared to accept the gospel and be baptized. And it´s kind of nice starting all over. We need to start getting to know the members and start finding people to teach. We are going to be talking with everyone! Haha. Oh also here in Girona the speak Catalan because we are in Catalunia... Like the signs and everything are in Catalan but everyone speaks spanish as well. Looks like I am going to start having to picking up a few phrases haha. The people here also want to be their own country and leave spain. We were talking with this lady on the train last night and she was telling us all about it. It´s interesting but I doubt it will happen any time soon. 
I am really excited to get to know and work with the members! I love members and menos activos.. okay I really love them all. But we hear from the Elders that they are excited to have some hermanas here so I can´t wait to meet them. We actually met to young women last night. They were great! And we met with our ward mission leader who is so amazing. He has vision for the missionary work in their branch and he hopes that someday really soon we will be able to go on splits with the members all the time. And they recently just called 8 ward missionaries! Wow I am so excited and I know that we are going to see many miracles here! 
Well that´s really all for now. Sorry I am just emailing today, we did not have time yesterday. I hope you are all doing well and that you have a great thanksgiving! I´m not sure what we will be doing but something great haha. I am thankful for all of you and for the opportunity I have to share the gospel. God lives and he loves us. I love you and miss you all x 10! 
Besos y abrazos,


Hermana Benson 

No comments:

Post a Comment