Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I love hearing from you every week. Thank you for your love and support! 
This has been an amazing week for Hermana Hair and I! I feel so so so blessed. I love my life. I love my mission. I don´t even know where to begin. Okay so the other day we were on the metro headed to the church and I noticed this dad and his cute little girl. And I just looked at my companion and we were both like ahhh lets contact him. So I walk over and start talking with him in spanish and he just goes in english, "Yes the church of jesus christ of latter day saints... I was a member." We were so surprised! He told us that back in his country (Nigeria) he was a member and even recieved a mission call. But since coming here to Spain he has been inactive. Also his name is Loveday, so that just makes everything so much better! So we were able to take his name and address and later that day we went and took him a Book of Mormon. You can tell that he still has a strong testimony and desires to come back. So we are excited to help him! The only problem is, is that he works on Sundays but we are all praying that he will be able to find a way to come. 
Next miracle. We were again on the metro. A woman came up and asked us if we speak spanish because I guess we were speaking in english haha. And of course we answered yes we do! Haha and then we just started talking and she started asking us all the questions and then telling us about her life. Her name is Madelayn and she is from Venezuela And it turns out that she has only been here in Spain for 3 months and has had a really hard time. And she is searching to find purpose in her life and to be spiritually strengthened. So we ended up going to a park and talking with her more and sharing a few scriptures with her. She is such a prepared person and we can´t wait to help her! 
The gospel is true and miracles exist. God loves us. And I love you too! I hope you all have a wonderful week! 
xoxo,
Hermana Benson 
P.S. Today for preparation day we are going through the Sagrada Familia and I am so excited! I will send lots of pictures. And Hermana Hair says hi!

Picture number one is Hermana Hair and I eating food from Ecuador and wearing hats from Columbia (where hermana hair was born). Picture number two- cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment