Wednesday, August 20, 2014

¡Hola a todos! ¿Como estaís? How is everyone doing? I hope you are all having a great week so far! We had a really good week here in Hospitalet. The weather has been beautiful and I am loving the sun! Though our piso is quite old haha we do have this covered balcony thing (we live on the 8th floor!) And my new favorite thing is when we have to study spanish my companion and I go out there and study while we soak up some sun. It´s the best. How is the weather where you are? Has spring started yet? 

This week was a week of miracles. And yesterday (sunday) was for sure the highlight of the week. It started off a little rough because we went to pick up 3 people for church and none of them came.. ;( But then we got to church and one of our investigators, Mario Ricardo, was already there! And then as the meeting went on about 6 of our menos activos showed up too! And Marina (spanish investigator) and David (less active from Ecuador) were also there. And they decided they wanted to join the choir so they stayed after with us for choir practice. 

On yesterday (I was going to fix this grammar mistake but I thought I would leave it haha) we also went to visit David and Marina. Side note- The other day my companion told me my english was bad haha... Hopefully this means that my spanish is getting better, but I don´t know. Anyways we went to visit our favorite couple around. And we had planned to teach them the plan of salvation and talk about setting date/goal for them to get married. And right as we got there, without mentioning anything, they told us that they had decided to get married. And then Marina told us, "And after we get married, I will get baptized!" I think my companion and I cheered after and gave high fives. Then we were able to teach them the plan of salvation and the spirit was so sweet as we talked about eternal families. I know that our Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for us. And that as we live the gospel we will be happy and we will recieve the strength we need to get through hard things in our lives. And that if we are faithful and endure to the end, we will one day have eternal life! 

We recieved four references this week!! So rare for us. And one was for a woman named Pilar that President Pace contacted! So cool haha. We are meeting with her on Tuesday and we are very excited! Another reference was from the Elders. They are a great family who just moved into our area. And one of the daughters is a member (she and her husband are sealed and have 2 kids), but the other daughter and the parents are not members. And the daughter, Mariana, is so ready to be baptized! Yayyy. We are excited to teach them and help them progress towards baptism. 

This is getting really long so I will end. But I just want you all to know that I love you so much and I am grateful for your wonderful examples! Que tengaís una buena semana! 

Besitos,

Hermana Benson


P.S. Ahhh I almost forgot. Haha so on Saturday I ended up teaching the zumba class in the church and it was so much fun and our investigator Marina came! I will take some pictures next time! 


P.S.S I also went on an intercombio this week with the hermanas in motorel. It was a great experience and it was so fun to see Hermana Tyler again. She was my companion from San Sebastian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment