Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola guapos,

Heyy!! ¿Como estáis? How was everyone´s week? It was fun hearing from all of you. Thank you for your emails! Sorry you didn´t hear from me yesterday. We have transfers today so our preparation day is Tuesday instead of Monday. But realllll sad news. My dearest companion Hermana Hair is being transfered. We really thought we would be together until I go home but nope. We were both pretty shocked. But I know that God sends us where we are needed. And I will be given not just one new companion, but two! Haha oh we are going to be a trio for a few weeks. I don´t know them yet... But their names are Hermana Hasset (from Ohio) and Hermana Lopez (from Spain). I´m sure they will be great just like all the other hermanas. I am just praying that they can learn the area quick before I leave. 

Okay I wanted to share with you two miracles today...

The other day we went on splits with members and contacted people on the street. And my companion and a cute member named Norma contacted this man named Alberto from the Dominican Republic. (attached is a photo with us and him and church) And we had our first cita with him on Saturday. During the lesson he expressed his desires to us that he wanted to change and start a new life. He told us about his past and we can see how badly he needs the gospel in his life. He was super receptive to our message and is now preparing to be baptized on the 16th of August. Wow it really was such a miracle! And the right after the lesson the hermanas from the other ward were having a baptized so he stayed for the baptism too. And then he came to church on sunday and loved it. I am really excited to see him continue to progress in the gospel. 

Miracle number two. The next attached photo is of my companion and I with Susi, Jose Luis and his son Jose Luis. About a month ago Susi and Jose Luis showed up to church because Jose Luis wanted to be baptized. Susi is an inactive member who had be teaching her boyfriend Jose Luis about the church. And that is when they showed up to church. And so we have been teaching them and preparing him for baptism while they wait for the papers so they can get married first.But they were just here in Barcelona for a few months while they were taking an art course. And on thursday the went back to Valencia, where they live. But here is where more miracles come in! So about a week ago they recieved their papers to get married. And my companion is being transfered to Valencia so she is going to help them get married and him get baptized! And they already have plans to come to Salt Lake in a year so they can get sealed. Ahhh I am so excited for them. They are wonderful people who have seen how the gospel really does bring us so much happiness, hope, and peace. 

I too have seen how the gospel has blessed my life so much. I know it is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the only way that we will make it back to our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves us and that he wants us to have joy in this life! And it is through the gospel that we find this everlasting joy. Thank you for all your love and support. I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Benson


 




No comments:

Post a Comment