Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola a todos! Como estaís? I can´t believe we are already in summer. It came so quickly! It has been quite warm here lately and I am starting to get a nice farmer´s tan. And my companion is really burnt. I am happy to hear that everyone had a great week! We had a really good week here too. We have be so so blessed. Miracles everyday! 

So we are super excited because we have a baptism this saturday for our friend named Hever. He is about 48 and from Peru. He looked up the church online and showed up to church a few Sundays ago. He is honestly one of the most prepared people I have seen on my mission. He has already read the gospel principles book, is reading the Book of Mormon and he is working on watching all of the general conference sessions. And just yesterday he decided that he wanted to be baptized this Saturday! We were so excited! And he is here alone working in Spain but he has his wife and three kids in Peru and we are working on sending the missionaries to his family too. And we are also working with Jessica and Joshua, who are from Nigeria. They are the best. They too showed up to church a couple weeks ago. They will be baptized the 28th of this month! They love the church so much and it makes me happy! 

Today for preparation day we went and played football as a zone on this field near the olympic stadium it was really fun! It was good to play some real football. But the natives had no idea how to play haha it was funny. There were these other young people from Montreal watching and they came and joined us. But before that when we were waiting for the other missionaries to arrive we ran into Elder Mazzagardi who is in the 70 and his cute wife. They are here on vacation from Brasil trying to avoid all the craziness from the world cup happening there. I will attach a picture! 

Well that is really all for now! I am glad everyone is healthy and happy! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! I look forward to hearing from you again! 

Besos,



Hermana Benson 

No comments:

Post a Comment