Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dearest family and friends,

Hello! How was your week?! It is so fun to hear from each of you! And how was Easter? Haha mine and Hermana Williams day hardly felt like an american easter. During planning we stopped for a second so we could hide one chocolate easter egg for each other! haha. And then walking home from church we saw this creepy catholic procession. And then we ended the night with a round of Jenga. But besides all that, the best part of the day was partaking of the sacrament and remembering all that Christ has done for us. I am so grateful each week for the opportunity I have to renew my baptismal covenants and start a new week. I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ. I know that he lives and love us! If you hadn´t had the chance I want to invite you to watch the easter video the church has put out. It is stunning. (easter.mormon.org)

I went to the island of Palma this week to do two exchanges and to attend a special conference with Elder Evans from the 70. It is really beautiful out there and luckily I had the chance to fly out there with the Paces. I had no idea they would be on the same flight until I boarded the plane. It is always such a blessing to spend time with them. They are wonderful. One exchange imparticular was amazing. We were blessed with so many miracles! I wanted to tell you one story. I consider it to be one of the greatest miracles I have witnessed thus far of my mission:

A few months ago two hermanas serving out on the islands contacted a man who initially was interested but then the contact was interrupted with a crazy man. Haha awkward contacts happen so so often. But they ended up getting his name and number. And every time they called him he was unable to meet and then left to go on vacation in Germany for about a month. As we were sitting in the church waiting for an appointment we received a call that the woman could no longer come. So Hermana Carter starting looking through the phone and she came accross this man´s information. By the way his name is Jesus so it just makes the story so much better. She talked with Jesus and found out that he had time to meet right then. So we walked over and meet him and bring him back to the church. As we were walking to the church I had no idea how things were going to go. Jesus is a 22 year spaniard, hippy, musician who plays regae music. Basically the coolest combo ever. And we get in the church and there happens to be a member there that we invite to come with us teach Jesus. So we start teaching him... And we find out the he is amazingly prepared. He told us that when we called him he was praying. And that he tries to follow God every day of his life. And that ever since he was young his mother taught him to believe in God and Jesus Christ. As we taught about the Book of Mormon and gave him his own copy he was so excited and grateful. He kept bearing testimony the he knows that God is in the details of our lives. Ahhh it was just so amazing and the spirit was so strong. And the member.. Wow. He bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon and it was so powerful. The whole time during the appointment Jesus was on the edge of his seat and he had the biggest smile on his face. He was so excited when we invited him to read and pray. So then I knew that he had to be invited to be baptized right then and there. So I set up the invitation and turned and looked at the other hermanas giving them the chance to invite him. They invited him and he said with a huge smile of his face, "CLARO!!!" And we set his baptismal date for the 3rd of May. The lesson then ended with us singing a hymn around the piano because we were meeting in the sacrament meeting room. And then we knelt as Jesus offered the closing prayer. After he left we did one of those girly jumpy group hug things. It was wonderful. I am so grateful to have been there. It was an experience that I will never forget. 

Sorry is this is getting long and you are getting bored! Haha. I want to share my testimony with you and say that I know that God knows us. And that he is in the details of our lives. We just have to look for him! We are his children and he has a perfect plan for us. I also love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week! Thanks for all your love and support! 

xoxo,


Hermana Benson

P.S. Yesterday I gave a talk in church! Ahh it is always so nerve racking speaking in spanish! Haha but I think things went good. And it was so cute because the young woman who went before me is a recent convert who was giving her first talk. She was so nervous so I was glad I was there to sit with her and comfort her. It helped me to not think about how nervous I was. And she ended up doing a great job! 

Also I ran into Elder Jacobson on the islands! It is a rare occasion that I see him. He seems to be doing really well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment