Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? Thank you for your emails. I love hearing about everyone. I love you all so much. This week has been kind of crazy but all is well. We have been working in two areas because on of the hermanas we were living with went home due to problems with depression. So we have been a trio for about 5 days now. It has been hard juggling both areas but it has also been fun to meet people from the other ward. But the other hermana leaves for a new area today. And they will be closing their area, so now we will be the only hermanas here in hospitalet and we will be living alone ;( They had to close some areas this transfer because so many missionaries finished their mission and not very many are coming in. And they also took 2 Elders out of our area so we now have more area and people to work with, which will be good. 

I am having a hard time of thinking what to say so I just want to share a scripture with you. This is one of my favorite passages of scripture so share with people. And I might have shared it with you before, but that´s okay. It´s found in Mosiah 24: 9- 16. The scriptures are written below. I love this story so much because God knows what we are going through and he loves us so much. And he doesn´t always just take away the things that we are going through but he lightens our burdens and helps us get through them. I know these things are true and that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and who has a perfect plan for us. 

I think of you and pray for you often. I love you all and I hope you have a great day! 

Besos,

Hermana Benson                                                                                    

For Amulon knew Alma, that he had been aone of the king’s priests, and that it was he that believed the words of Abinadi and was driven out before the king, and therefore he was wroth with him; for he was subject to king Laman, yet he exercised authority over them, and put btasks upon them, and put ctask-masters over them.
 10 And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God.
 11 And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he aput guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death.
 12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their ahearts to him; and he did know the bthoughts of their hearts.
 13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand asbwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didastrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.

 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment