Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola everyone! How are you doing? Sorry I did not have time to send a family email yesterday because I had a meeting all day. But it was a great meeting as usual where we discussed how we can help improve the mission. We are really trying to work better with the members, less actives, and recent converts, while of course still finding and teaching investigators. President Monson has said that now is the time the members and missionaries must work together to bring souls unto God. And I have a testimony that missionary work goes so much better when the members are more involved! I have really grown to love the members so much on my mission and I am so grateful for all their efforts to help. 

This week was a great week. We saw and continue to see many miracles. one of my favorites was with our investigator Johnson. He is the man from Nigeria who we found while looking for another reference that the Elders gave us. We had a lesson with him this week were he told us that not only he was going to become a member of our church but his brothers and sisters as well. He said that he had been telling the a little bit about the church. And it turns out that his brother is a former investigator who was taught on the islands of our mission. Sooo cool!  We were so excited. And he finally came to church for the first time on Sunday! We went and picked him up and we walked over to the church together. And as we got there the members were all super friendly to him which was a blessing. And then we went and sat down in the chapel and listened to the piano music before the meeting started. And as we were sitting there he said, "I really feel the love that is here... I have a new family now." Ahhh it was so great. He has a baptismal date for the 10th of May. 

Another quick story... As we were sitting there with Johnson in the chapel a member came and told us that there was a man outside asking about the english class that we teach. So we went out for a second to talk to him. He told us that he was interested in the class and couldn´t believe that we taught english for free haha. After inviting him to the class, we asked him if he would like to come to sacrament meeting with his.  And guess what?! He came! His name is Eduardo. He stayed for the whole meeting and seemed to really like it. We will see him again tonight at english class. I do not think it was a coincidence that God sent him to the church right as sacrament meeting was starting. What a miracle. There are so many prepared people and God puts them in our paths everyday. 

I love being a missionary and I am grateful to be here. I know that God lives and that he loves him and that we are his children. He has made a pèrfect plan for us to return to live with him. One of my favorite scriptures in 2 Nephi 31:20 says, "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." I know this is true! I know that as we are obedient and faithful that one day we will have eternal life! 

Thank you for your love and support! I love you all and I hope you have a great week and that you have many missionary opportunities placed in your life! 

Con mucho amor,


Hermana Benson


Attached is a photo of my companion and I. She reached her "9 months" this last week! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment