Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hiii everyone! How are you doing? This week was a great week because Mark Scott got baptized! We have been working really hard with him for the last 3 months and his baptismal dates kept falling through. And so I was praying so so hard that we could have a baptism in our area. I know that God hears and answers our prayers and blesses us when we do our best. All last week we had been trying to meet with Mark Scott but he kept canceling on us. And I was so so sad because I didn´t know if he would be getting baptized. And then finaly on Friday evening we were able to meet with him and he told us that he wanted to be baptized before he goes back to Nigeria.  And I was hesitant because he had been firing on us and I didn´t know how I felt about baptizing him and then having him leave the country. So we met up with him and went to a localtorio to go find the church that was close to where he will be living in Nigeria. And we were just planning on sending his information as a reference. But he kept asking us if it would be possible if he could be baptized on Saturday. So we went over the interview questions with him and it went well so then we decided to call Elder Garcia (Our district leader) to see if it would be possible to have an interview that same night. And miraculously they had time! So there you have it. We planned the baptism in one night and the baptism went so smoothly the next day. It was really one of the most spiritual baptisms I have been too. There were not many people there but it was very quiet and the spirit was felt strongly. And he was so happy. It was so amazing to see his progress from the night that we contacted him to the day he was baptized. The gospel is true. And it changes people´s lives. 

I love you all and I hope and pray you are happy and healthy! Thanks for your love and support! I hope you have a wonderful week! 


Here are some pictures from the baptism! 

No comments:

Post a Comment