Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola everyone! So sorry I wasn´t able to send out the family email yesterday. I was in a meeting all day long and I didn´t have very much time to email last night but now I have a second to finish.Thank you for your emails. It is so good to here from all of you. It is so nice to have your love and support. 

Hermana Williams and I had a great week here in Hospitalet. We were busy with appointments, found some new investigators, and we had the opportunity to see most of general conference. I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did. My favorite talks were those by President Uchtdorf about gratitude and by Elder Holland about discipleship. General Conference is like christmas on the mission and I feel like these talks were what I really needed to hear. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and that he answers us through many different ways and always in his own time. But I know that general conference is a great time to recieve answers and personal revelation that we are searching for. So I want to invite you to go back and listen to or read the talks. I know that as you do this you will find the direction and guidance you need in your lives. 

This week we found Johnson. Yaayyy. He is great. He is about a 30 year old man from Nigeria. Yes another African. I don´t know, I guess I am meant to teach the Africans here in Spain. Haha but I love it! Anyways we found him when we were going to visit a reference the elders gave us. And we went to the address that they gave us and we found Johnson instead of the other woman. Right away he told us that he wanted to unite himself with our church. Ever since he left Africa 10 years ago he has been looking for a church to join that was not the catholic church. He has so much faith and a strong testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. We invited him to be baptized and to read The Book of Mormon. We are exciting about working with him and we can´t wait for his progression in the gospel! Oh and side note, we could not go into his apartment because there was not a woman there so we were just standing there and teaching for a minute until he brought us out chairs to sit on. Haha so there we were sitting right outside of the door while he sat inside. The few people that walked by while we were there, must have been confused haha. I love being a missionary! 

Another quick story or two... We received a reference from President and Hermana Pace. While they were on a date the other week they met a woman named Pilar. So we went to go visit her and take her a Book of Mormon the other day. She is a spaniard woman who is so so prepared. She was really interested in reading the book of mormon, so we left her with a chapter to read and we will be going back this week! Also walking out of conference I contacted this really nice Columbian man who is also interested in hearing our message! We are meeting with him tonight! I will have to let you know how everything goes. The work is moving forward here in Spain and I am so grateful to be a missionary! 

Please keep me updated on all your lives! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

xoxo,


Hermana Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment