Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola everyone! How are you?! It is so fun to read all of your emails and see your cute pictures! Hearing from you makes my day! I am glad that everyone had a good week. Haha I had a good week to but I am so exhausted. We were so busy but that´s how it should be! I do have a new companion now La Hermana Bracken. We came in to the mission together and she is also a sister training leader. It is way different then my last companionship. Pero bueno. We are different but she is a really good missionary and we are getting more and more used to each other. But I think that we are going to see a lot of success serving together! 

In the mission for our back up plans we do this thing called the pass by list. We make lists and maps of people (less actives, members, recent converts, and previous investigators) and we pass by them when visits fall through. I love it because when we are in an area and something cancels we pull out the list and pass by people that live close by. Anyways this last week we saw great success from this. Even though things canceled we found some other really great people. We found these two less active people (Americo and Cristina) who told us that we could come back to eat and visit with them.They are so nice and we are excited to try and help them come back to church. It is hard for less actives to come back to church, they need our help. And after meeting them we were walking and I contacted this lady on a bench named Rosa. She was really nice and interested. So we taught her a little bit and prayed with her. I am excited to teach her as well! We also got a reference of this excommunicated man named Jonas. He is nice and has desires to come back. It will be really interesting to work with him and the bishop as we help him prepare to become a member again. And he also has a non member sister who is interested in the gospel too! I feel so so blessed to be here. We are seeing so many miracles and the work is moving forward. 

I am so grateful for my mission and I have learned so much. I have learned the importance of doing the little things like reading, praying, and going to church. I knew they were important before but now I really understand and see why. I see the difference that it makes in my life and those who we teach and visit. My faith has also grown so much. I know that God listens to our prayers and that as we ask in faith he answers us. And that he loves us so much and wants to bless our lives. These are just a few of the many things that I have learned thus far! I love my mission. And I love you all too! I hope that you have a great week! 

xoxo,


Hermana Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment