Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola everyone! It was so so great talking with you all on Sunday. It made my week for sure! Haha too bad it always go by too quick. But I will see you soon! Anways not much has changed since we talked on Sunday haha but we have been busy visiting people and preparing Hermana Williams to go to her next area. She leaves this afternoon. And I will also be picking up my new companion this afternoon. Her name is Hermana Bracken. And she came into the mission with me and is also a sister training leader, so it is going to be great! I think that it will make going on exchanges a lot easier and more efficient. 

So yesterday we had a great experience that I wanted to tell you about. We went to go visit a great spanish family in the ward. The spanish members are few, so it is always a pleasure to work with them. They have been members for a long time and all the children have served missions. And the oldest son is actually the bishop right now. Anyways we went over to see them and as we started talking and eating (haha like always) they got a call from a neighbor who was going to come over to return something she borrowed. And then the mom got really excited and nervous because she told us that she had been thinking that she really wanted to share the gospel with this neighbor named Margarita. And that before it had just never worked out to have the hermanas over to meet their neighbor. Haha so before she came over they made a plan of what they were going to do and how they were going to get her to come inside. It was so cute and funny that they were so nervous. Haha I think most members feel that way though. It can be hard to share the gospel but if we act out of love everything will be okay. So we had the chance to meet her and she came in and sat down for a while. We just got to know her and then invited her to come to church. It was awesome. The members did such a great job. Ahh this is how missionary work should be. And their neighbor reacted really well saying that she would like to come to church. Yay!! I am so grateful for this experience because I have really been praying for the opportunity to work with the members more. And I think it really built the faith of the family. And it was so cool that God knew exactly when we were going to be there and then he sent their neighbor over right in that moment! 

God lives and he loves us. He is preparing the hearts of his children to hear the gospel. Alma 16:16-17. And the work is really going to move forward if members and missionaries work together. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I really love it! And I want to invite you to begin to pray if you are not for missionary opportunities. I know that it will bless your life and increase your faith! Thank you for all your love and support! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

xoxo,



Hermana Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment