Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hola a todos! Como estaís? Can you believe Christmas is practically here. I love this time of year and I will be so sad when it´s over. Being a missionary around this time has been so great. On Saturday we had La Cena de Navidad with the branch. And it was a huge success because so many people came, including like 20 investigators! But the coolest thing happened. I was talking with a less active woman and a friend that she brought. After we had been talking for a minute the friend asked me that if as missionaries we go door to door. And of course we do haha. And I guess we knocked her door the other week and talked with her daughter. She then went on the tell me that she was looking for a church to join and that she wanted her kids to come to our clase de ingles. So right then and there we set up an appointment to go visit her and her two kids. We are going to see them tonight and I am so excited to have a whole new family to teach! Yay miracles are real and we see them everyday. Haha there were so many people there my companion and I were going crazy talking to people. The night was filled with talents and yummy food. And we went home all spanished out haha. 

And the next day was Sunday... Also my birthday! Ugggghh I can´t believe I´m 21 haha weird. So we went to church and all the little girls from the age of like 5-14 attacked me with besos, abrazos, and cartas. And then later that day we had the christmas fireside that my companion and I organized. We had the scriptures read of the story of Christ´s birth with musical numbers in between. The spirit was strong and we were all reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. And then after we had some refreshments and then relief society president came out with a hug cake for me haha. It was so sweet of everyone and I felt very loved! It was for sure a birthday to remember. And Mom thank you thank you for the birthday package! Just what I needed. ;) 

Since we are celebrating the day of Christ´s birth I just wanted to share with you my testimony. I know that we have a Savior who lives. I know that he suffered and died for us because he loves us. And if we live his gospel and apply his atonement we can one day live with him,  our Heavenly Father and each other again! How great is the message! I am so grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony of the Savior everyday. I am so grateful for my Savior and I love him so very much!  And that is why I am here serving a mission. I hope you can all find time to ponder about our Savior and all he has done for us. How blessed and loved we are! 

Juan 3:16

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! You are in my thoughts and prayers! 

xoxo,


Hermana Benson 


P.S. I want to wish you a merry christmas (said in a spanish accent)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment