Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hola! Como estan? Espero que todo esta bien en sus vidas. How was Halloween? Haha it was super weird here because no one celebrates it. So Hermana Reid and I wore all black and a little bit of orange to celebrate. We looked good. And later that night we were fed pumpkin soup that was super good. And the lady who made it had no idea it was Halloween haha. This week has been super crazy but good. And San Sebastian has finally decided that summer is over and hace frio con mucha lluvia. Hermana Reid and I got drenched walking over to email haha. Whenever we are in extreme weather conditions or when we have to run somewhere it makes me laugh so hard. Ah I do love being a missionary. 
Our week was full of miracles! I have been praying so hard for Onome and Cristina because it seemed as though we had lost them. But last week we finally got ahold of Onome ( she is our investigator from Nigeria that had a baptismal date but then fell of the face of the earth for about a month). We went to see her and she was really sad because she has been going through some hard things. Anyways she let us come see here this week and we shared Mosiah 24 with her. Okay such a good chapter. It talks about how the people have afflictions but God makes their burdens light because of the covenant which the have made. The convenant being baptized. So we shared this with her and invited her to be baptized again. And guess what she said?! Yes. But I want to be baptized in the river. And we were like the river? But Onome it´s November and the water is cold. But she really wants to be baptized in the river (meaning the ocean) and so we said okay lets do it! Hahaha. So Onome will be baptized this Saturday in the ocean. Please imagine me asking our bishop if it would be okay if we had a baptism in the ocean on Saturday haha. He looked at me like I was crazy but then jumped right on board because he knows how important baptism is! 
The next miracle happened when we finally heard from Cristina again! She is our spanish investigator who had a baptismal date a few months ago. We finally were able to meet with her again yesterday and it had been probably 3 weeks since we had seen her! The cita with her went great and she was happy to see us. And we also set a baptismal date with her again for the 23rd of November. Ah we are so so so excited for her too! I am really hoping I will be able to see her baptized before I leave San Sebastian. My dearest companion and I have been praying so hard for these two women. And Heavenly Father heard us and answered our prayers. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and always hears our prayers. 

I think I have only 3 more weeks here in San Sebastian. I will be so sad to leave and say goodbye to all the people I love so much. Well please keep me updated on your lives! I love you all so much and thank you for your love and support. I hope you have a wonderful week!
 

Besos y abrazos,

Hermana Benson 

P.S. Attached are some pretty great photos that Hermana Reid and I took of the apartment. Haha hope you enjoy them!


No comments:

Post a Comment