Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hola! Como estan? Espero que todo esta bien con ustedes. Les hecho de menos! La obro aqui en San Sebastian es genial. Me encanta la mision muchisimo. 
Everyone! How are you doing? I hope that everything is going good. I miss you all! The work here in San Sebastian is great. I love the mission so much. 
This last week was a crazy but great week. Haha my companion is awesome and is hanging in there so well. The first few weeks of the mission can be rough because you are thrown into so many new things. She really is a champ. She has such a strong desire to work hard and be obedient and I love her! And she speaks so well for a new missionary even though she doesn´t think she does. I am blessed to have her with me! 
So anyways back to the week, we were so busy but busy weeks are the best! It was also a crazy week where lots of interesting but funny things happened. But what do you expect when two, tall white, blonde, missionaries are walking around spain? I think we got quacked at and meowed at the other day... Haha. And one of our investigators gave us some fake (no alcoholic) beer. Oh and we might have locked our keys in the apartment. And we went to Bilbao for stake conference and zone conference! Ah and we played basketball with some investigators and members who had never played in there lives. It was awesome. 

Besides all those crazy things we have been working hard to prepare Onome for her baptism this Saturday! Yay :) She has been so prepared by the Lord and it has been such a pleasure to see her progress in the gospel. I can´t remember if I have told you a little bit about her story so I´m going to tell you right now! She is about 35 yrs old and from Nigeria. Side note, I love the africans here! They are the nicest most believing people. Anyways a couple months ago we started working with this less active man, Solomon, who now comes every week! And about a month ago he brought Onome and her little girl with him to church! It was such a miracle. A lot of the miracles we see happen through the members. And we have been teaching her for about 3 weeks now and she will be baptized this Saturday! She has been incredible to teach because she already has so much faith in Jesus Christ. And I am so excited for her to take this step of baptism because then the atonement can become real in her life. Whenever we talk about Christ with her the spirit is so strong and I can feel how much the Savior loves her and everyone. I love being a missionary and I love sharing this message of Jesus Christ with people!
So I mentioned a little earlier about how we were able to go down to Bilbao for a stake conference which was so amazing. The talks were super good but my favorite part was I was able to see some of the members who I love so much from Bilbao! It was the best day ever. I can´t even explain to you how much I love these people. And then later that night I went with my cute companion to visit a few of them. We got to go see my convert Mildret and her family who were recently sealed in the temple! They are doing so so well. I am so happy for them. We also got to see Gilda, Fatima, and Patricia. They are three cute women from Paraguay who I became really close with while I was serving in Bilbao. I hope and pray that I will be able to go back and see them all again before the end of my mission! Mom if you come pick me up we are going to visit these people. You will love them. 
Oh and also we had a zone conference yesterday and so that´s why I am writting to you today! But it was so great. I always love meeting with big groups of missonaries because the spirit is super strong. And I love recieving counsel from President and Hermana Pace. They are just the best! 

Woah sorry that turned into a really long email. But I just want you all to know that I love you and our Heavenly Father loves you! The gospel it true. If we follow Jesus Christ and we are faithful until the end we will have eternal life as families! I hope you have a wonderful week and I hope to hear from you again soon! 
xoxo,

Hermana Brooke Benson 

P.S. My fellow Utah fan President Pace told me about the win. GO UTES!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment