Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hello! How are all of you doing? I hope you had a wonderful conference weekend! I was so blessed to be able to watch most of the sessions. And we even watched them in enlish, which is a big bonus because it´s just not the same when the talks are done over in spanish haha. I loved how much the atonement was talked about. I think that one of my favorite scriptures was quoted a few times... Matthew 11: 28-30. I love my Savior and all the peace that we can find through him. I am so grateful that we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. How blessed we are! 
So there were a few highlights of the week that I want to briefly mention: 
1. Cristina prayed! A real prayer. Out loud, in front of us. Wow this was such a big step for her. She is really shy and was so so nervous to pray. Praying seems really natural for us but for someone like Cristina who has only ever recited catholic prayers it can be a little hard. With lots of encouragement and a little help she said a beautiful prayer. I am still so happy about it. Go prayers! 
2. Claudia (a less active) and Arturo (investigator) had their baby and they are so so happy! And we got to go see him! Unai is his name. It is a name in euskera that means good shepard. So great! I love babies so this was basically one of the best things ever. It was hard to not be able to hold him as missionaries and they were way confused as to why we couldn´t hold him haha. 
3. We found a less active member named Soledad who wants to come back to church but is scared to come back after a bad divorce. We just happened to come across her name in our phone and we decided to call her. I am so grateful we found her and that we are here to help her! 
4. Late thursday night I woke up real sick. Probably threw up a good amount of times. Mom I really missed ya.  I don´t know what happened but I think I ate something bad. Yuck. I never want to eat with people again haha. Luckily it only took me out for a day and I am feeling much better!
5. We went to Angelica´s (investigator) birthday party! It was a great time and so cute of her to invite her two, very tall, blonde, missionary friends haha. It was one of those awkward social settings but it gets even more weird when spanish isn´t your first langauge haha. And we even brought some brownies haha. People love brownies here. Mom could you send me one of your recipes? 
Well that´s pretty much my week! Haha. I am doing good and I am grateful to be here. Thank you for all your love and support! I love you and miss you lots! And I hope to hear from you again soon!
xoxo,

Hermana Benson 

Attached are photos from last dia de preparacion y de el cumpleaƱos de Angelica.



No comments:

Post a Comment