Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hola familia,How are all of you doing? I miss all of you so much! :) Can you believe that beloved summer is coming to an end?! I can´t! Summer always flies by. Well it sounds like all of you are doing pretty well... Nothing too crazy haha. San Sebastián is just great! I am really starting to love it here. The mission just gets better and better. This week was a pretty good week. And we had such a wonderful miracle happen yesterday that I want to tell you about. So lately I´ve been thinking about how the actually people from Spain are really hard to contact in the street because they are just not very open. So usually when we contact them with a direct approach we get shut down just about every time haha. But the people who live here who are from South America and Africa are much easier to contact. But I have been thinking about how we can get more investigators who are from this country! Anyways back to the story... Yesterday my companion and I were sitting at the bus stop waiting and this spanish woman came and sat down and my cute companion just turned to her and started some small talk. And guess what? She was so nice and friendly and she was super curious as to why we were so far away from home sharing this message about Jesucriso. We continued to talk with her and ended up chatting with her the whole bus ride. By the end of the ride we got her number and she said that she would come to church! What?? This rarely happens with the Spaniards. Her name is Cristina and I am so excited for her. And as I was talking to her on the bus it just really seemed like she has been prepared to hear and accept the gospel. Sometimes I will just be talking with someone and it hits me like whoa I´m a missionary right now and I´m speaking spanish with someone haha. I am so grateful to be on a mission, it is an amazing experience!  This week in San Sebastián is a huge holiday called La Gran Semana. And there are so many people out and about! Every night at like 11:00 they have a bunch of fireworks and sadly that is past our curfew so we don´t get to watch them. Haha but it´s okay. They also have tons of concerts and fun things for the little kids to do.  But anyways I don´t have much time to write this week because the place we email is super busy! But I just want you to know that I love you and the gospel is true and it will and does bless our lives. Thanks for writting to me! I hope to hear from you all again soon! Keep me updated on your lives, okay? Oh and I am sending you a letter today with some fun pictures :) Love you,Hermana Benson 

No comments:

Post a Comment