Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hola everyone! How is everyone?! It is so great to hear from you and it sounds like everyone is doing good. Me alegro mucho. Okay so this week was one of the most stressfull but best weeks of the misson. Guess what?! My girl Onome was baptized on Saturday in the mar and confirmed yesterday. It was so much work putting it all together but with the help of Heavenly Father everything went just perfectly! And Onome is so so happy. 
Saturday morning we went and picked up Onome and her daughter Johana with one of the ward members. And then we drove over to a beautiful beach that is right next to France and met the Elders and other members that came. As we were walking out to the water I was asking Onome how she felt and she said, "Baptism is very important to me. I am happy. I want to follow Jesus Christ. Thank you. Thank you." Ah it was the sweetest thing. Then we picked a spot and then started with a song and prayer offered by Hermana Reid and then Onome and I gave testimonies. Then Onome and Elder Green (his first baptism!) went in the water to do the ordinance. Luckily it was not raining but it was still a bit cold. The baptism all went smoothly and then they came running out of the water and we wrapped them up in towels and blankets. Then we quickly got in the car and drove them to change out of the wet clothes at a members house. It was perfect. There was no where else I would have rather been! I am so grateful to be able to see people progress in the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Ah really quick I want to give you an update on Cristina! She is doing so so well. Last night we had a cita with her and she told us that yesterday she was reading and she opened up to two random spots that both talked about baptism. Ahhh best thing ever. She has pretty much been taught everything and is ready to be baptized. Her goal is the 23 of November. She really needs to read and pray so that she can recieve a confirmation that José Smith was a prophet. I would love to see her baptized before I go! I am going to miss these people so much. 
I love being a missionary. And I love helping others follow Christ. I know the gospel is true. My testimony is strengthened every time I see how the gospel changes peoples lives and the happiness it brings them. Sharing the gospel is important. Everyone needs the opportunity to accept the gospel. Haha I think about this everytime Hermana Reid get rejected when we are knocking doors. Well I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for your love and support. I love you so much! 

Xoxo,


Hermana Benson

Attached are some pictures of the baptism! 


No comments:

Post a Comment