Monday, July 29, 2013

Dearest family,

Hola buenas dias todos! ¿Como estan? How are all of you? It sounds like you are all having a pretty good summer! Thanks for your all of your love and support. I have the best, most good looking family around. I missed you this fourth of July!! It sounds like you had a good time! It was weird to be somewhere where the fourth is not celebrated. So in order to do some celebrating we sang the national anthem a few times throughout the morning, dressed up in all the red, white, and blue we had, and we even made an "American" lunch. For lunch we ate hot dogs, chips, watermelon, and lemonade. It was a great time. I love it here but sometimes I miss America haha. 


This week Ali (our investigator from Pakistan) had us over for medio dia and he made us a traditional Pakistani meal. It was a little nervous but it was actually really good. He made this chicken with all these different spices, and I think there was some curry in there too, with rice. Super good! Haha and then we brought brownies for dessert. It was really nice of him to have us over. He is really great and would make a great member of the church. He is still waiting to recieve an answer from God about baptism.... But it seems to me that he has already recieved many answers. So we are working on trying to help him recognize answers from the Holy Ghost. It´s really interesting because he has told us that he wants to be baptized like Christ was and he wants to feel clean from sins... But he needs an answer. I hope he recognizes these answers soon! I have faith that someday soon Ali will be baptized! 

So yesterday was fast Sunday and a really cute member named Paola invited us over to eat after church. We got to her building and all got in the elevator (note... the elevators are tiny here) and it got stuck!! All six of us were stuck in the elevator for about an hour. It was a little stressful to say the least haha but it was so cramped with all of us in there and yesterday was a pretty warm day. Haha I tried to keep people calm... including myself haha. We were all a little on edge because of the hunger levels, heat, and cramped space. And then we said a prayer... and then we called the 911 number here hahaha. It was semi embarrasing that we had to call the emergency number because we were stuck in this elevator. While we were waiting for someone to rescue us we sang a few songs haha and shared a spiritual thought with the member. Good missionary times. Then some guy finally came and opened the door for us and all was well! And then we went and ate a really yummy meal with Paola!

Hmm I´m trying to think what else. Oh okay so the other day I was on a split with one of the Hermanas from Pamplona. And guess what, she is even newer than me! Weird, I still feel like I just got here. But anyways when we were together we saw so many miracles. So many people were just put right in our path. First we went to visit a less active and it turns out we went to the wrong appartment but these two women let us in so we talked for a little bit and prayed with them. They are potential new investigators. Then we ran into this cute family from the Congo who we talked with, gave a Book of Mormon too, and prayed with. They are really cute and I´m excited to meet with them again. Then we ran into two American girls, which never happens! They were really nice and we ended up giving them a card and inviting them to churhc. And then we went and met this reference from the Elders. And it turned out that he and his friend just wanted to Bible bash... Haha in Spanish. But the miracle to this incident was that I understood what they were saying and we were able, in a christ like way, have a conversation and leave them our testimonies and The Book of Mormon. 

Missions are great and I´m grateful to be here in Spain. I learn so much everyday and my testimony is strengthened everyday. I know this gospel is true. I know that as we obey God´s commandments we are blessed in many ways.  Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y mediante El podemos recibir perdon y mas paz y consuelo en nuestras vidas. Se que Dios nos ama much. Somos hijos de Dios. Digo esos cosas en El Nombre de Jesucristo. Amen. 


I love you all and I hope you have a great week! I hope to here from you soon! Un besaso! 


Con amor,

Hermana Benson 

No comments:

Post a Comment