Monday, June 17, 2013

Hola everyone!! I hope you have all had a fantastic week. The work here in Bilbao is going so great. I am happy to be here and I love my mission more and more everyday. This last week was sooo great. Guess what?! Fredy from Argentina was baptized!! Ah it was such a special day and I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to be a small part of it. The best part of the baptism for me was when Fredy shared his testimony. Wow is all I can say. I feel like my companion and I hardly did anything because he is so so prepared by the Lord. But the worst part of the baptism haha just kidding not really was when Fredy decided he wanted me to give a talk haha. Oh man a talk all in spanish. Wheeew I´m glad it´s over! I was pretty nervous but I think it went okay! Back to his testimony... He talked about before he was without belief and how this has changed his life and that baptism was the best decision he has ever made. The spirit was so strong and I know that Fredy and his cute family have so many blessings in store. Haha and when he was closing he was trying to remember en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen but it didn´t come to him, haha so he just said por Jesucristo (for Jesus Christ). Ah it was the BEST. Oh and President and Hermana Pace came to the baptism and it was so cool to have them there! They are wonderful! I´m grateful the baptism went smoothly because we had a few "technical" difficulties before hand... A few hours before the baptism Hermana Goodman and I were at a relief society activity and right before we were going to leave we decided to check out the font to make sure everything was good. And we walked past the bathrooms towards the font and we just started smelling something awful. And we opened the door to the font and the smell just continued to get worse. Like so bad I was semi gagging haha. So we look into the font and there is straight up pooooop in the font! Sewage had come up and out of the drain at the bottom of the font! We quickly found Elder Herrero (husband of the senor couple who we serve with) and just told him that something was wrong with the font and that he NEEDED to go look. Haha so him and Hermano José (ym president), who is eating a dessert, go up and to look... Haha we stayed back because honestly I couldn´t hand the smell. They come back out and Hermano José just quietly throws away his dessert haha and Elder Herrero comes out with a disgusted look on his face and leans over to us and says (in his awesome spanish accent), "Hermanas... That is big fat crap (he may have used a different word)!" Haha I was in such shock and aw at whole situation that I just could not stop laughing. Like seriously of all things like could happen before a baptism... Poop in the font?! But it all turned out to be okay. Hermano José so kindly cleaned out the font while Elder Herrero sent us to the store to go by febreeze to spray all of the whole church. And the best part about the whole thing is that Fredy had and still has no idea of the events that transpired before hand! It really did turn out to be such a great night and I am so happy and excited for Fredy! He recieved The Holy Ghost and the priesthood on Sunday. And today we are going to teach him about temples and eternal marriage/families! His wife and kids get back from Myorca in a couple weeks! :) 
Well I hope you got a good laugh out of the story like I did!  I love you all and I hope everything is going well! Thank you for your love and support! Hope to hear from you soon! :) 

xoxo,


Hermana Benson

P.S. Attached are some pictures from Fredy´s baptism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment